The 2008 PWA /EFPT Surf World Cup Podersdorf

• Hat mich erreicht...

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• The Heavy Hitters Of Freestyle Congregate On The Shores Of Neusiedler See Lake For Day One Of The 2008 PWA Freestyle World Tour

Day one of the 2008 PWA Surf World Cup has been greeted with warm weather and light winds, giving a casual start for the 48 strong freestyle fleet. With registration completed by 11 o'clock, riders were left to patiently wait on the hourly competition status updates to see if competition would commence.

The afternoon?s wait was broken up with an energetic capoeira display from Brazil?s Danilo Da Silva (Fanatic, North Sails). Unfortunately, it failed to summon the wind and head judge Duncan Coombs was forced to call an end to day one of competition at 5pm.

Waiting for wind are; last year?s Freestyle World Champion Marcilio Browne (Mistral, Gaastra), recent EFPT event winner Normen Gunzlein (JP, NeilPryde), new school sensations Gollito Estredo (Fanatic, North) and Kiri Thode (Starboard, Gaastra), along side a list that reads like the who?s who of freestyle windsurfing.

The skipper?s meeting has been set for 9.00am tomorrow, leaving the sailors to relax at the events welcome party tonight in Podersdorf?s, Move Surfstore. Be sure to check back in to see what unfolds on day two of freestyle?s curtain raiser here in Austria.

Be sure to dial into www.pwaworldtour.com <http://www.pwaworldtour.com> throughout the week to:

? Use our live ticker service
    ? Check the elimination ladders
    ? View results
    ? Watch amazing video action clips
    ? Read daily news summaries
    ? Browse awesome action photo galleries

Š PWA

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• The 2008 Surf World Cup Podersdorf - Day Four

Another windy morning, and a promising forecast had everyone excited about the prospect of competition. Following the 8.00am skippers meeting, heat nine was scheduled to start at 8.30am.

There was a sense of déj? vu when, just as the previous day, the wind backed off within minutes of the heat getting started. The riders of heat nine one again had to leave the water without a result.

The familiar wait for wind ensued under blue skies and in warm temperatures. The morning passed without any suggestion of the wind building, and with a windless afternoon on the cards, 2007 freestyle world champion Marcilio ?Brawzinho? Brown took some time out to chat to us about freestyle and the event.

PWA: What are your tactics for this event?

Brawzinho: ?I think in this event I will try to save energy and time to make all the higher level tricks, and not waste time with the older tricks now we have this new format. And I bet many of the other guys will try to do the same.?

PWA: What moves do you think you?ll be pulling to get through the heats?

Brawzinho: ?It depends on the conditions, if we have light winds like the first day it might be really hard. I might try shakas, switch stance moves, burners, air flakas and cana bravas. If the wind picks up, then maybe we can try something else.?

PWA: Have you learnt any new moves over the winter?

Brawzinho: ?I tried Kiri?s new move, the kono, but I?m still learning it. I was improving my burners and one handed burners, that?s what I tried the most.?

PWA: Who do you think is in the running for the 2008 freestyle title?

Brawzinho: ?All of the competitors, everybody?s so good. I would say definitely a few guys are pretty good, Gollito, Ricardo, Kiri, Paskowski, Normen, Taty, Tonky, many guys.?

PWA: Do you think you?ll be able to stay as focused on freestyle now you?re pushing for the wave title?

?I don?t know if I?ll keep training as hard, but I will keep doing freestyle, for sure. My main goal now is to do well in waves. I?m spending much more of my time in places like Cape Verde and Maui, so I end up training much more for waves.?

Sadly, the afternoon remained sunny and windless. The Brazilian contingent used the time to stage a beach side football game, and Danilo ?Chico? Da Silva performed another of his, now notorious, capoeira routines on the main event stage.

You can follow every stroke of action at www.pwaworldtour.com to:

? Use our live ticker service
    ? Check elimination ladders
    ? View results
    ? Watch amazing video action clips
    ? Read the daily news summaries
    ? Browse awesome action photo galleries

Or, for more information, please contact the PWA office via info@ pwaworldtour.com

Š PWA / Andrew Buchanan

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• The 2008 PWA Surf World Cup Podersdorf ? Day Six

Entering day six of competition, the majority of the single elimination had already been completed, leaving only 6 heats to be run in order to declare an official event winner. Following the skippers meeting, the last of round three?s heats got underway in a steady force 4 breeze.

Andre Paskowski (Fanatic, North Sails) put up a stellar fight against his rival, Frenchman Nicolas Akgazciyan (Starboard, Gun Sails) but failed to provide an answer to Nicolas?s smooth repertoire that, including a super tech voquech diablo, granting Nicolas passage into the quarterfinals.

The first quarterfinal pitched Tonky Frans (F2, Gaastra) against teammate, Kiri Thode (Starboard, Gaastra) and Taty Frans (Starboard, North Sails) against his teammate, Gollito Estredo (Fanatic, North Sails). The steady breeze allowed the riders to throw down their full arsenal of moves. Kiri unleashed his signature kono, but failed to take down an on form Tonky Frans, who was killing all his moves.
    Gollito took no prisoners as he ended Taty Frans?s campaign with a run including no handed flakas and a burner.

The second quarter final saw the exit of Ricardo Campello (JP, NeilPryde) to stable mate Spaniard Antxon Otaegui (JP, NeilPryde), and current world champion, Marcilio ?Brawzinho? Browne (Mistral, Gaastra) defeat Nicolas Akgazciyan to advance them into the semi final.

The semi final got off to a shaky start after it was cancelled within the first minute and re-run four hours later, only to be cancelled again. For two hours, the entire lake glassed off, making many believe the event would run out of time before the final two heats could be completed. Following a windless two hours, a line of dark clouds emerged on the far side of the lake, and a line of wind started to move towards the competition area. The riders scrambled to the water and minutes later the semi final started in a gusty 17 knot breeze.

Tonky Frans challenged Gollito in the top half of the draw and Antxon Otaegui battled it out with Brawzinho in the bottom half. Highlights of the heat included Gollito?s now trade mark no handed flaka and Brawzinho?s huge ponch in front of the judging area. Underdogs Antxon and Tonky gave all they had, sliding into regular stance chachos and flaka 720?s respectively, but failed to match the caliber of Brawzinho and Gollito.

After a quick break to collect the semi final results, the final got going in testing conditions. Gollito and Brawzinho went head to head in the winners final and Antxon and Tonky dueled in the losers final. Brawzinho wasted no time, laying down a mix of switch stance chachos, one handed bobs and a massive port tack ponch. His rival, Gollito, replied with an assortment of ponch combinations, more no handed flakas and starboard tack burner.

On the other side of the heat, Tonky threw down an aggressive array or Culos, flaka 720s and switch stance chachos. Antxon struggled to get to grips with the heat, crashing many moves that he was consistently making earlier in competition.
    Following ten minutes of epic freestyle the horn blew, ending the heat, and signifying the end of the first stop on the freestyle tour. The crowd rushed to the main event stage to hear the final results announced. First place went to Gollito, second to Brawzinho, third to Tonky and forth to Antxon. We caught up with Gollito and Brawzinho:

Gollito ?Really, really happy! My final was really good, I competed with Brawzinho. It was really physical with the light wind, but I got my best moves in, I?m just really happy!?

Brawzinho ? I?m pretty happy, I?ve been training a lot for waves in these last few months, so I was pretty anxious about how this event would go, especially when it comes down to light winds and cold conditions, but I?m pretty stoked!?

That concluded the day?s action and the 2008 PWA surf world cup in Podersdorf. The PWA?s next stop is in Korea for the first leg of the slalom 42 series starting on the 12th of May.

PWA / Andrew Buchanan

Dateien

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Hat mich erreicht:

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.