Was ist wichtiger beim Mast? Richtige Kurve oder Hochprozentigkeit?

• Mal wieder etwas zur Diskussion,
    was meint Ihr?

Ist es auf einem normalen CC geschnittenem Segel ratsamer, einen passenden CC Mast zu fahren mit nur 30% oder aber z.B. ein Mast mit Dropshape, aber 100%, der nicht wirklich passend sein sollte?

Grüße

Totti

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Willst Du damit unterstellen, der Dropshapemast habe allein aufgrund seiner Form automatisch keine CC-Kurve?

Gruß

Fred

das sehe ich nämlich auch nicht so ! ;)
    Zum Anfang des Jahres musste ich ziemlich lange warten, bis die richtigen Masten zu den MauiSails lieferbar waren. Drop-Shape Masten hatte ich noch,.. also einfach mal probiert, und siehe da, Global & Co funktionierten super.
    ...Mauisails brauchen Masten welche im Top härter sind, hatten wir ja erst vor kurzem in einem anderen Thread hier.
    ...muss aber sagen das ich keine mit 100% hatte, glaube nur 55% ... weiß nicht genau, sind schon lange verkauft.

GrDoc

• Das Beispiel war nur exemplarisch...

Es ist ja klar, daß es gravierende Unterschiede bei den Masten in Verbindung mit den Segeln der einzelnen Hersteller gibt.

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• 100 und 30 ist schon krass, aber ich finde Biegekurve ist viel wichtiger.
    Ich kann da nur das Beispiel nennen, NP Zone 5.0 von 2005, super mit dem passenden 30% Mast, absolut zum kotzen mit meinem 4m 100% Skinny...

• I think the questins Thorsten is asking is does a rig perform better with the right mast if its a 50% rather than a 100% mast that has the wrong curve....

Endlich jemand, der mich versteht... :rolleyes::redface:

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Bei 50% kommen wir der Sache schon näher. Ich denke da würde der 50% Mast mit optimaler Biegekurve besser funktionieren.

Aber Hauptsache man hat Spass auf dem Wasser, egal welcher Mast drin steckt ;)

• Again, I think the question sounds like this:
    If you have a NP sail is it better with a X3 mast than a no name wrong curve 100% mast for instance..
    Would the sail work better with a lower carbon grade mast but with the right curve, than with a wrong curved mast with a higher content carbon.

I would say curve is more important!

• what does the weight of a surfer have to with the curve and carbon content of a mast??
    A mast will just bend more or less accordingly, but in the curve of which the mast is made

Yes. But what do you think happens to the mast if a guy like me hangs onto a rig (62kg) compared to a 95kg-surfer?

Means: I am happy to get a "softer" mast, i.e. less carbon.

Are you sure that each and every mast of a brand has the same bend curve? I measured the X3 vs X6 and they did not have the exact same curve.

Cheers

David

• Hi David,

I would think and hope that a mast from the same company has the same curve. The difference might be that a 100% will bend further than say a 30% mast even if it is harder.
    I think it is paramount, that no matter what sail you get that you also try to get the right mast for your sail. I dont understand people who invest a shit load of money in the best sail possible and then to save money get a shit mast for their sail. Its like using diesel in a petrol engine.. I would say.
    I would never use a 30% mast myself, aùI would think to get anything that resembles performance you need to go for 50% as a minimum 75% is much better and a 100% is then the cream. If I had to chose between a 100% no name mast and the right mast in 75% I would take the right 75% mast any day. Simply because curve does matter to how a sail rigg's up.
    Use a NP mast in a CC sail and you will have a sail that will lack a lot in both the top and lower part of the sail. Same as if you stick in a CC mast in a NP sail.
    I am using NP and CC as examples because they are very far from each other in the curve the use, so the difference is big..

Ciao

Dennis

• Jep, genau das Beispiel hab ich ja auch gebracht.

• eben!!;)

What sometimes surprises me is people who say they have a no-name mast and that their sail works better with this, than with the original mast??? Makes you wonder.....
    When rigging a sail it is not important that the sail has no wrinkles, its how the sail curves and opens in the leech.
    A NP mast in a CC sail will for instance open too much in the top and not enough in the lower part of the sail as the mast is too hard in this section.
    The top you can say is not such a 'big' problem, but then when you look at the lower part of the sail, you might notice that because the mast is not bending, there is no tension to the battens to make them bend and give the sail profile.. This is where people should look. Not wrinkles... Profile, leech and sail opening is what matters the most

Dennis

• Yes, but I think you have to differ a bit.
    I don't think a sail can work better with a no name mast, but it can be correct that the sail works with this mast, maybe the no name mast has an identic curve.
    The second point are very very small differences. I very very bit softer mast top can be better for an light surfer. In this case you can think about the decision surfing a 434cm luff sail with a 400cm or a 430cm mast.
    Of course you cannot generalize this fact. In some situations it works, but the differences have to be quite small.
    NP with CC is only... the sail looks bad and riding isn't very funny, but you have to remind that the differences in this example are big.

• No sorry, I don't know.

I have read some comments about this. If I remember correctly Valerie Ghibaudo uses a 400cm in the 6.2 Blade.