Camber oder No-Cam Slalom, AC-2 vs. AC-0

• Hier mal etwas interessantes für Einige, von Point-7. Zugegebenerweise herstellerlastig, aber den Inhalt kann man ja auch gut auf andere Marken reflektieren!

Das AC-2 ist ein Slalom-Segel mit 2 Cambern, das AC-0 ein Slalomsegel ganz ohne Camber...

Dateien

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Wow...that is great! I made it through two pages of sales pitch BS and they arrive at this deep and meaning full conclusion...

Zitat

The choice for between the 2 sails during purchase is very simple:
    Do you like cambers? = AC-2
    Do you hate cambers? = AC-0

I guess most of us had figured that part out years ago!

Zitat

Can you race with the AC-0 and win? = Yes, and you can be faster out of the jibe from those who would have full cambered sails and a bad technique.

Yoh! I guess it all depends on whom you are competing against. If the rest of the crowd uses 4 or 5 cam race sails and knows how to use them I doubt that anyone would stand much of a chance with no cam recreational sail. Why would they otherwise bother making those TR 4’s and RS’s and Warps or what ever the stuff is called.

Zitat

no cam slalom sails

Weird ! Sounds like a contradiction to me...

Sorry, could not resist

• Guess you couldnt; the reason to write this bit was to make it clear what the difference is between a camber sail and a no camber sail which both belongs in the same class. Its a bit more than you have two pieces of plastic stuck in your sails which rest's on the mast..

Anyway... BS can come from many directions :rolleyes:

• Hmm, interesting artical.

But...I think it is much focussed on P7, okay, no problem. But in this case I cannot follow every point.

For me the most important fact while comparing the AC-0 and AC-2 is the luff curve of the AC-0. For me it sound that they focused on the performace and you can see that in the luff curve, too. And not only in the artical, the profile was very impressive for me while I were seeing some pictures of the Ac-0, like a Race-Sail. (Interesting picture: Totti on the speedweek behind Dave White with a Gaastra Vapor)
    And now the AC-2, the base is the AC-1? Maybe, but as mentioned, they defused it, and another time look on the luff curve. Yeah, the same action you can find by other brands, for example North Sails with the Warp 2007 and the RAM F8. And yeah, the RAM was very fast and competitive (with 4Cams!). But how fast and competitive the sail is depends on the grad of defusing.

And whats now. For me it is not suprising the AC-0 is so "strong". They focussed on the performace in every point without the Cams.

And in this fact I don't think you can transfer this artical to many other brands, remind the 7 battens!

But all in all, very interesting, because you can read many details!