Colgate Worldcup Sylt 2009

• Der nächste PWA Worldcup steht an...

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Morgen gehts los...

Zitat von E-11

wind soll gut werden , so hoffe wir alle und es soll morgen um 10.00 mit Slalom losgehen !
    heute hat es spass gemacht !
    saludos
    Björn

Dateien

• 8135061e62.jpg

(53,18 kB, 69 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• The 2009 PWA Colgate World Cup, Sylt – Registration Day

The World’s most talented windsurfers descended on Sylt’s golden sands to sign up for 9 solid days of Super Grand Slam action in the final event of this year’s World Tour.

For many of the sailors today was a fairly relaxed affair. After collecting their equipment and registering, the majority spent the afternoon rigging, and meeting up with friends. The atmosphere around the beach is fairly friendly at present, but once these guys hit the water, expect a completely different vibe. With World Championship titles at stake, attitudes on the water can change as quickly as the wind.

With a promising forecast for the week we should see some awesome action on the water throughout the disciplines of freestyle, wave, and slalom. And with the infamous crowds arriving the atmosphere will soon turn electric!

Word on the beach

Over the course of the afternoon we chatted to some of the sailors, officials, and crew to find out what they thought of the week ahead.

Duncan Coombs – Head Judge
    PWA: With your wealth of experience Duncan, what do you think the week has in store for us?
    DC: “With the forecast that is currently being predicted, we’re looking at the wave competition being pretty much bolt onshore and fairly windy. The guys racing in the slalom discipline will be flying round in typically rough North Sea conditions. And the guys participating in the freestyle contest will probably be going for big power moves off the large swell lines just off the beach. It will be a real challenge for these guys to find any flat water with the current forecast. However, you have to remember that anything can happen here in Sylt and it could all change in an instant…”

Current Men’s Wave Tour Leader - Josh Angulo (Angulo, MauiSails, DaKine)
    PWA: What are you hoping for this week Josh?
    JA: “Knowing what Sylt is capable of, I’m not really hoping for anything. I’ll try my best, do my best, and let god do the rest. Sylt can throw anything at you so I’ll just give it my all when the moment comes.”

2008 PWA Men’s Wave World Champion – Kauli Seadi (JP, NeilPryde, MFC, Mormaii)
    PWA: What do you think will happen this week in the wave competition?
    KS: “Well the forecast is looking good so hopefully we’ll get out there and have a good contest. I really need the conditions to come through so that I have a chance for the overall title.”

2009 PWA Slalom World Champion – Antoine Albeau (JP, NeilPryde)
    PWA: With the overall title wrapped up, are you taking this event easy? And, who do you think will be standing on the podium alongside you?
    AA: “I’m still going to give every race 100% - I still want to win here in Sylt. In the race for second, I think Finian Maynard (RRD, NeilPryde) is looking pretty good. After that, the final place on the overall podium looks quite open. Kevin Pritchard (Starboard, Gaastra, DaKine), Micah Buzianis (JP, NeilPryde), Bjorn Dunkerbeck (Starboard, Severne), and Ross Williams (Tabou, Gaastra) could all make it into the top 3 and have the potential to do extremely well in this event if things go their way.”

2008 PWA Women’s Wave Champion – Daida Moreno (North)
    PWA: What conditions would you like here in Sylt?
    DM: “Nothing too brutal. It’s often very difficult sailing here because of the onshore winds and the shore break, so hopefully it won’t get too windy. But good waves and good wind would be great for the event - I don’t mind too much about the direction it comes from.”

Current Men’s freestyle tour leader – Jose ‘Gollito’ Estredo (Fanatic, North)
    PWA: Have you got any new moves up your sleeve to maintain your dominance over the fleet this week?
    JE: “Not for this event. Sylt in general is a pretty tough place to compete in freestyle. I will probably be sticking to the moves I know I can do, and hope that they get me through my heats. Plus there’s loads of guys sailing really well at the moment like Kiri Thode (Starboard, Gaastra), Tonky Frans (F2, Gaastra), Marcilio Browne (North, Fanatic, MFC), and also Steven Van Broekhoven (F2, MauiSails), he’s sailing super well at the moment and is one to watch.”

The infamous opening ceremony kick started the event in tremendous style this afternoon. The World’s best sailors are here, the spectators are arriving, and the music is pumping on the beach. With the current forecast we expect the sailors to be arriving at the event site bright and early tomorrow morning in preparation for the opening heats of this Colgate World Cup Sylt.

For more information on all the entrants, and to keep up to date with every piece of the action, click on www.pwaworldtour.com

Here you can use our:

• Live ticker service for heat-by-heat bulletins
    • Check live elimination ladders
    • View results
    • Read daily news summaries
    • Browse awesome action photo galleries

There’s also a dedicated event website for our German fans at www.worldcupsylt.de

Or for more information, please contact the PWA office via info@pwaworldtour.com

PWA/Paul Griffiths

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Tag 1 mit No-Show, für heute sieht es auch nicht besser aus:

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Und hier gibt es ein Movie, welches Tonix zur Verfügung gestellt hat:

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• 5 cm :D

2cm, das ist die Geschichte mit dem Groundeffekt... :D

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Das war Tag 2, die Windprognose sieht jetzt etwas besser aus für die nächsten Tage:

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Sogar bei N-TV wurde gestern Abend in den Nachrichten der Colgate WS Cup erwähnt.
    Mit den Stars Björn Dunkerbeck und das junge Phänomen P.Köster

Die Veranstalter um Matthias Neumann machen einen verdammt guten Job und pushen den Event nicht nur jetzt, sondern das ganze Jahr...
    Ich war letztes Jahr im Januar und im Herbst zu Gesprächen über den Worldcup mit Dunki in Düsseldorf dabei, das war schon interessant. Vor Allem, wenn man mal Zahlen hört...
    Früher waren auch Robby und Dunki im aktuellen Sport Studio, weitere Teilnehmer des Sylt Worldcups ebenso...
    Ich meine Kai Lenny war mit Robby letztes oder vorletztes Jahr...

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Es ist sehr schade ,dass eine solche Veranstaltung nicht wesentlich mehr Medienpräsenz erreicht.
    Aber vielleicht ja jetzt,wo die Wahl durch ist.

• Es ist sehr schade ,dass eine solche Veranstaltung nicht wesentlich mehr Medienpräsenz erreicht.
    Aber vielleicht ja jetzt,wo die Wahl durch ist.

Ich bin zu 100% davon überzeugt, daß diese Veranstaltung mit riesigem Abstand die meiste Medienpräsenz erreicht in der kompletten Windsurfwelt...

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Und ein Statement von Dunki:

Zitat von E-11

Hi, 4 to 10 knots the 2 first days here in Sylt made it impossible to start the slalom ,
    today there is Freestyle , the wind looks good for the rest off the week both for Slalom and also for waves !
    for more info www.pwaworldtour.com

Saludos

Björn

Dateien

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Die Veranstalter um Matthias Neumann machen einen verdammt guten Job und pushen den Event nicht nur jetzt, sondern das ganze Jahr.......

Find ich klasse.
    Vorallem ist es das erste mal, das ich auf einem Sender wie N-TV etwas von Windsurfen gesehen habe.
    Vielleicht sollten die Segel/Boardhersteller mal TV-Werbung machen. Würde den Sport sicherlich pushen und auch eine große Menge erreichen (Ich weiss, TV-Werbung ist veredammt teuer vom Kosten/Nutzenfaktor gesehen).

Schade das ich es nicht geschaft habe nach Sylt. Wäre gerne gekommen.
    Aber 1000 km sind leider eine Ordentliche Strecke für eine Verlängertes WE :(

• Hi,

auf ProSieben gab es wie letztes Jahr ein paar Spots zum Event. Ich schau nicht soviel Fernsehn aber es soll auch Jever Werbung mit nem Surfer geben, hab die aber nicht gesehen. Vielleicht währe es gut wenn die Windsurfbranche zusammen TV WErbung benutzen würde um den Sport wieder für ein großes und breites Publikum sichtbar zu machen. Das wird in anderen Branchen ja auch gemacht. Leider ist die Werbung super teuer und so lohnt sich das wahrscheinlich noch nicht.

Gab es denn jemals richtige Windsurfwerbung? Ich kenne eigentlich keine Funsportart die TV-Werbung schaltet, scheint sich also allgemein nicht zu rechnen?

Viele Grüße

Tobias

• Wie es hier bestellt ist kann man an der Beteiligung der Windsurfindustrie auf der Europameisterschaft in Schönberg, wo ausser Point7 und MFC keiner ausgestellt hat, oder auf Sylt beim DM Finale wo ausser uns (Point7) ebenfalls keiner war.

Diese Veranstaltungen sind lt. Windsurfbranche zu teuer (wie gesagt Eurocup war kostenlos angeboten zum Ausstellen).

Und der World Cup auf Sylt spricht auch für sich. Bis auf die "Boxengasse" vom Windsurfjournal ist wohl auch wieder niemand da. Wenn man sich nicht da präsentiert wo eine Affinität zum Sport besteht, warum sollte man dann für 50 Mille auf DSF ne Werbung schalten, die zwischen der Übertragung der Pokerkreismeisterschaft Popenbüttel und dem Wettmotorsägen in finnischen Wäldern läuft?

• Es gab nur die beiden Nutella Werbungen mit Dunki, und jetzt die aktuelle von Jever. Die bezieht sich auf den Worldcup Sylt.
    Weitere mit Windsurfern sind mir nicht bekannt, abgesehen von der Fernsehserie "Gegen den Wind"...

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Für die, die es noch nicht gefunden haben sollten.;)
    Zitat von www.worldcupsylt.de: "Der NDR berichtet täglich bis zum 04. Oktober um 19:30 Uhr im Schleswig-Holstein Magazin über die sportlichen Ereignisse auf dem World Cup und blickt natürlich auch hinter die Kulissen. Die Wiederholung der Sendung um 10:00 Uhr ist auch bundesweit zu sehen."

Hang Loose

nowerlu

• Freestyle single ist gerade zu Ende, bei grauenhaften Bedingungen - Nieselregen, Wind an-aus und Kabbelwelle - beeindruckende action, aber bei weitem nicht das ganze Potenzial der Fahrer ausschöpfend, die Bedingungen ließen nicht mehr zu. Vielleicht schaffe ich es, heute Nachmittag ein paar Bilder zu machen.

Sehr interessant übrigens auch die Auslosung der wave elimination:

Quelle: http://pozonews-en.blogspot.co…09/sylt-unbelievable.html

When I’ve seen the seeding for the wave discipline at Sylt, I couldn’t believe my eyes. In the great final of the season, the Sylt Super Grand Slam, the event that will decide the wave world champion, Josh Angulo and Kauli Seadi, numbers one and two in the race for the title, are in the same side of the draw, in case both advance trough their heats, they will met in the quarter finals. And that’s not all, because among the top seeds, so already in the second round, there are such names as Nik Baker and Jason Polakow, how is this possible? They’re not even doing the tour! Is it a joke? As I absolutely couldn’t believe it, I checked the PWA rulebook (part 3).

According to the rulebook, from what I understood, the actual classification on the world tour is not considered, they look the position on last year’s ranking, the two best results over the last 12 months, and the previous year’s result at the actual event. Definitely this has to be a joke, they don’t consider the actual ranking*! Are you kidding???!!!!

Is it any other sport doing the same? Can you imagine numbers one and two in the tennis championship in the last grand slam of the season, deciding the world title, with the most important match up of the year, IN THE QUARTER FINALS??!!!

And by the way, according to this procedure, Nik Baker and Jason Polakow, are really in front of some of the guys doing all the tour? Hard to believe. But even if that is true, do we have a tour? Does count for anything if someone is doing the tour or not? Don't you think that should be important?

I think is time to start talking about it, because if we keep quiet, this is going to be over, they’re always complaining they don’t have money, no new sponsors on the tour, windsurfing is not having his best time… of course! The way they are doing everything, I would be surprised if anything gets better, and we are not talking about judges today, that is another subject.